Vidamar Resort MadeiraThis resort offers the opportunity to be able to celebrate your event in contact with the ocean amongst modernism and the avant-garde, luxury and elegance.
The need to know:
- Accommodation: Yes
- Budget: 220
- Capacity: 240
This hotel, opened in 1999, is one of the most modern and luxurious on the island, with its two buildings undergoing complete renovation in the year 2007.
The resort boasts modern architecture, along with very contemporary decoration, with tile flooring. It has a completely avant-garde aesthetic.
Close by, there are a number of museums, such as the art museum, the natural history museum of Funchal and the Cristian Ronaldo museum. There is so much modernity amongst the culture and history.
The 15000m2 of outdoor space, with salt water pools and exotic gardens, was designed for the wellbeing of both adults and children, making history for its direct contact with the ocean.
History also can be seen in its restaurant, where one can enjoy traditional dishes such as fish, shellfish, pasta and pizza.
Weddings and Events
The great success of this hotel is attributed to its outdoor weddings, which take place in a warm environment surrounded by the sounds of the ocean, offering an unforgettable event for both the bride and groom as well as all of the guests.
The Vidamar Resort in Madeira offers the opportunity to be able to celebrate your event in complete privacy, with friends or family or even hundreds of guests, adapting each area to your every need so that your wedding is the most unforgettable day of your lives.
Originality, romance and nostalgia at your wedding will guarantee relaxation, uniqueness and fun, since the hotel also offers facilities for sport, water activities, sea
water pools, a spa, an area for children, palm trees, exotic plants, etc. This enables you to enjoy your stay after your wedding.
Furthermore, the hotel offers a bridal suite for the night of your wedding.
- What type of events can you organise at this venue?: Reunions, weddings, baptisms, communions, cocktail parties, anniversaries…
- Price of the accommodation: For a wedding, the hotel, out of courtesy, offers accommodation for the night of the wedding.
- Price of the menu per person (price range): For a wedding of 2-9 people, 103 € pp, of 10 – 59 people, from 83.35 € pp, and of 59-240 people, from 110 € pp
- Does it have its own kitchen? What kind of food will be served?: The hotel offers various menu options: Regional, Japanese and Italian. For weddings we have the option for a plated meal or a buffet.
- Does it have accommodation? How many rooms are there?: Yes, a total of 33 rooms, all with ocean views.
- Number of guests (range): From 2 up to 240 people.
- What is the charge in case we do not achieve the minimum number of guests?: Our KIT are prepared to cater to the clients’ needs. There are no tariffs!
- Do you have a space dedicated to the wedding ceremony? Is there a chapel for a religious ceremony or a space for a civil ceremony?: Yes, the hotel has various areas for a religious ceremony as well as a civil ceremony, such as the KOI Terrace, Wild Terrace, Tropical Gardens, Sunset Deck and Deck, with outdoor pools.
- Can symbolic ceremonies be organised? What is the price?: Yes, it is possible to hold symbolic ceremonies, the prices are from 300 €
- Price range for the service: 1. Budget wedding. 2. Medium wedding 3. Exclusive wedding.
- Do you have a time limit for the celebrations?: Our packages are between 5-8 hours long, it varies for each package.
- Do you hold more than one event per day?: No, when we have a wedding reservation, the date is kept solely for this couple.
- Do you have exclusive photographers/ DJs/ florists?: No, however we can recommend various professionals.
- How do we pay?: The first deposit with the confirmation of the event covers 30% of the estimated price (non-refundable). The second deposit, up to 60 days before the wedding, covers another 30% of the total price. The third deposit, up to 30 days before the wedding, covers another 30% of the total price. The final payment covers the final spending after the event, at the time of check-out.
- Does the venue have disability access?: Yes.
- Do you allow pets?: The hotel only allows guide dogs.
How to get to Vidamar Resort Madeira
Vidamar Resort Madeira has an unbeatable location on the coast of Funchal, the island’s capital, along the waterfront of the beach with the famous Lido. The hotel is only 18km away from the Madeira airport.
- Latitude: 32.63785705479827
- Longitude: -16.92789316177368
- Altitude: 37 metres above sea level.